Saturday, September 25, 2010

FIVE months!!!

I present the 5 month Tad photo. Even tho she's almost 6 months.


She wasn't so into the smiles this time around. Tad was, as usual, very smiley.

So about that genius thing. At Kate's 4 month appointment the doctor confirmed that she is in fact a genius. Pretty much.

Doc: Is she babbling now? Making a few different sounds?
Me: Oh yes. She babbles all the time. She is big on the MaMaMaMa.
Doc: (sounding a bit incredulous) What??
Me: Well I *know* she's not actually referring to me by name but it's pretty cool to hear.
Doc: She's making the M sound??? REALLY?
Me: Yes! I have it on video.
Doc: That really is quite remarkable. Typically babies don't make the "M" sounds until much later. Really that is amazing.
Me: So are you telling me she's gifted?
Doc: (smiles)
Me: But basically that is what you are telling me, right?

Later in the appointment -

Doc: Kate really does appear to be quite advanced physically and mentally.
Me: (BIG smiles)
Doc: Did you and/or your husband excel at academics or sports in your youth?
Me: Hahahahahhahahahahahahhahaha. (pause to take a breath) Hahahahahahahahahah.

Seriously I do not know where the kid gets it. But she's got it. And that is all that matters.

1 comment:

SpencernAmy said...

Way to go, Kate! Knock the socks off the world!